The Rochester, Nunda and Pennsylvania Railroad was a 3-foot narrow gauge railway that connected the towns of Nunda and Swain with the Rochester, New York and Pennsylvania Railroad at Nunda Junction to the north and with the Pittsburg, Shawmut and Northern Railroad at Swain to the southeast. The route originally paralleled the Genesee Valley Canal to Mount Morris, but that portion was abandoned in 1881 in favor of a connection with the RNY&P at Nunda Junction. Later that year, the RN&P was consolidated into the RNY&P, and the railroad was leased to the Buffalo, New York and Philadelphia Railway the following year, eventually coming under the control of the Pennsylvania Railroad.
Here is a timetable of the railroad:
|MP||Station (w/ connecting railroad)|
|0.00||Nunda Junction (RNY&P)|
|13.14||Swain Junction (PS&N)|
The segment of the line between Nunda and Swains was abandoned in 1910. The line north from Nunda to Nunda Junction was abandoned in 1963.