The New Park and Fawn Grove Railroad

Stewartstown to Fawn Grove, PA

The New Park and Fawn Grove Railroad was incorporated on May 11, 1905 to build a line between Stewartstown (at a connection with the Stewartstown Railroad) and Fawn Grove, at a distance of 9.2 miles. The first phase to New Park was completed in February, 1906, with the remainder of the line completed in June of that year.

In 1923, the NP&FG was purchased by the Stewartstown Railroad, who continued operations on the line and ultimately abandoned it in 1935.

Fawn Grove station, now a private home.
Fawn Grove station, now a private home. Photo by Tom Dorman, May 2013.
The left side of this building, with the peaked roof, was the Fa...
The left side of this building, with the peaked roof, was the Fawn Grove engine house. It is now part of a store. Photo by Tom Dorman, May 2013.

—  User Comments  —