The Colorado River Western Railroad was chartered on February 11, 1955 to build from the former Texas & New Orleans line (also abandoned) at Altair to a strip mine located just north of Helms, in Texas. Total length of the line was nine miles; the headquarters for the railroad was located "off-site" in nearby Alleyton.
The Colorado River Western Railroad
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Southern Pacific Railroad|
|Docket: AB-12 Sub 18||6/9/1975||Section: 1(18)|
|Application for authority to abandon a line of railroad from MP 0.00 near Altair northerly to the end of the line at MP 9.02 near Helms, a distance of 9.02 mi., in Colorado County, Tex.|