Chartered on September 24, 1897, the Texas Transportation Company was a Class III short-line electric railroad in San Antonio, Texas. During its little over a century of operation, the TXTC served the Lone Star and Pearl Breweries, and local business along the line, often transporting cargo dropped by switchers at a siding by the nearby Southern Pacific and later Union Pacific train yard. The TXTC was owned by the Pearl Brewing Company and over 1.3 miles of its track served as an electric switching line for the Pearl Brewery itself. During the 1980s part of the line was also used for a short lived heritage streetcar service by the San Antonio Museum of Art.
It was one of the few and rare electric freight railroads to have lasted into the 2000s, the other two being the Iowa Traction Railroad and East Troy Electric Railroad, both of which are still in operation. During its final years the TXTC operated two acquired locomotives, No. 1 and No. 2. Both are preserved with No. 2 on display at the Pearl Brewery site and No. 1 stored at a facility in Elmendorf. The railroad officially ended operations in 2000, with the Pearl Brewery closing its doors the following year. Most of the catenary wire and track were removed or paved over the decade. Beginning in the mid 2000s the Pearl Brewery site was redeveloped into a variety of mix use buildings, with most of the older buildings demolished in the process. Some tracks have been left unpaved on the site for decoration and some have been placed back in an incorrect way. Additionally, some catenary wire posts are still standing along the UP mainline.