This line was opened November 30, 1874 as part of the Illinois Midland Railroad, which ran from Terre Haute through Paris, Decatur, and to Peoria. It was renamed the Terre Haute and Peoria Railroad in 1887, then came under the control of the Vandalia Railroad in 1905. The Pennsylvania Railroad took control in 1917, and this portion was sold to the Illinois Terminal Railroad on April 1, 1976.
It was abandoned December 29, 1988.
Thanks to Lee M. for contributing information about this route.