This 4-mile branch line was first built by the North Brookfield Railroad in 1876. It branched from the Boston and Albany Railroad's mainline in East Brookfield and ran to its namesake town; the line was also leased by the B&A.
The line was abandoned in the 1970s under Conrail. There have been recent efforts (in 2012) to re-establish freight rail traffic along the line.
Thanks to Mike Palmer for contributing information.
No comments have been posted for this abandonment yet.