This abandoned spur line was built as part of the larger Saint Vincent Extension, a 315-mile branch line out of Saint Cloud extending northwest to the Canadian border, ultimately being built by the Saint Paul, Minneapolis and Manitoba Railroad. Construction of the line began in Saint Cloud around 1864, and eventually reached Saint Vincent in 1878 (with the intervening 1873 financial collapse delaying progress). Saint Vincent proper was accessed via a 1.94-mile spur that connected with the main branch line at Saint Vincent Junction to its east. There were once plans to extend this spur across the nearby Red River into Pembina, ND, but they never materialized.
This spur was abandoned in 1952 under the Great Northern Railroad.