This line was built by the Texas & New Orleans Railroad starting in 1902, and served a number of local lumber interests along the line. Eventually the line came under control of the Southern Pacific Railroad (who owned the T&NO), and was abandoned in the 1970s.
Nacogdoches to Athens, TX
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Southern Pacific Railroad|
|Docket: AB 12 Sub 53||10/28/1976||Section: 1a|
|Application filed for authority to abandon a line extending from MP.154.56 near Bonita Junction in a northwesterly direction to MP 298.70 near Seagoville, a distance of 144.14 miles in Nacogdoches, Rusk, Cherokee, Anderson, Henderson, Kaufman and Dallas Counties, Tex. (This includes the stations of Ponta, Reklaw, Sacul, Cushing, Trawick, Mahl, Frankston, Poynor, LaRue, Eustace, Mabank, Kemp, Kaufman, and Crandall.)|
|Length: 144.14 miles||337|
Also under this filing: Dallas to Eustace