The Mount Carmel and Natalie Railroad

Mount Carmel to Natalie, PA

The Mount Carmel and Natalie Railroad, completed on November 5, 1891, ran from Mount Carmel Junction, at Mount Carmel, PA, north to Natalie, a distance of close to 6 miles. Using a series of switchbacks, it climbed Natalie mountain to the Colonial Colliery, which operated the MC&N, giving them access to the Pennsylvania Railroad and Reading Railroad at Mount Carmel. It was leased by the Reading in 1907, and was abandoned in 1952/1953.

See also The Lancaster Branch.

—  User Comments  —