Douglas to Swainsboro, GA

This line was originally the Georgia & Florida Railway, set down in the early 1900s. It was built one section at a time, from Douglas to Hazelhurst in 1906, Hazelhurst to Vidalia in 1909, and Vidalia to Swainsboro in 1910. The entire route finally became part of the line between Augusta and Madison, a total of 250 miles.

It is not known when this line was abandoned.

—  User Comments  —