This abandoned railway line was built starting in 1879 as a narrow-gauge railroad, the Toledo, Cincinnati, and St. Louis Railroad. It was completed by 1883. It was bought by the CH&D, who then converted it to standard gauge.
In 1904, the CH&D extended the railroad north to intersect another one of CH&D's lines, the Cincinnati, Findlay, and Fort Wayne Railroad, that ran from Findlay to Ft. Wayne, Indiana (also abandoned, see Fort Wayne, IN to Findlay, OH.) In 1916, the Baltimore and Ohio bought the railroad, and removed the connection to the CF&FW.
In 1923, the B&O abandoned the rest of the line. Today, because it was abandoned early in the twentieth century, not much remains, and most of the right of way has been reclaimed by agriculture.