This abandoned railway started out in 1881 as part of the Cincinnati, Lebanon and Northern Railway, known as the "Highland Route" to locals. Initially a narrow-gauge line, it was converted to standard gauge just 3 years after the line's completion. The line saw both freight and passenger traffic, though passenger service ceased in 1934. After a series of bankruptcies, it was purchased by the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1896 and ultimately abandoned by the PRR in 1951.
Dayton to Lebanon, OH
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Docket: 17481||9/12/1951||Section: 1|
|App. of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Detroit RR Co. and Pennsylvania RR Co. for the former to abandon and the latter company operation of a line from Lytle to Lebanon, Ohio, approximately 23.7 miles.|
|Length: 23.7 miles||415||Citation: 282 ICC 808|