The Ashley, Drew & Northern was incoporated on August 8, 1912 to build a line from Cremer to Monticello, AR. It purchased the Crossett, Monticello & Northern Railway and opened in July 1913. The line connected with the Union Pacific, the Fordyce & Princeton, and the Arkansas & Louisiana Missouri. Georgia Pacific Corporation acquired control in July 1963 and apparently maintained ownership until the line was abandoned in 1996. The F & P and the A & LM were sister railroads and have recently been sold to Gennessee & Wyoming. The two sisters are reportedly very busy and successful. During its life, the AD&N carried lumber, plywood, paper products and chemicals.