This branch line opened in September 1893 in order to serve limestone quarries in the area around Bedford. Abandonment came in 1923.
The Bedford Branch
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Baltimore & Ohio Railroad|
|Docket: 2976||1923||Section: 1|
|Baltimore & Ohio R.R. Co. and Baltimore & Ohio Southwestern R.R. Co. for certificate of public convenience and necessity authorizing the abandonment of a portion of the Bedford Branch of The Baltimore & Ohio Southwestern R. R. Co., located in Lawrence County, Indiana.|
|476||Citation: 82 ICC 805|