This abandoned railway was built in 1867 as part of a railroad line connecting Leavenworth to the southern border of Kansas at Coffeyville. See The Lawrence District, just north of this segment, for a more extensive history. While the AT&SF filed for abandonment for this portion of the line in 1984, today it is in use by the Midland Railway, a tourist railroad.
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway|
|Docket: AB 52 Sub 37||12/10/1984||Section: 1152.50|
|Application to abandon a line of railroad known as the Baldwin District of the Eastern Division, extending from M.P. 14.95 at Baldwin to M.P. 26.04 at Ottawa, a distance of 11.09 miles, all in Douglas and Franklin Counties, Kansas.|
|Length: 11.09 miles||118|