The Unity Branch Complex was anchored at Latrobe, PA, along the Pennsylvania Railroad's mainline between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, PA. It extended south from Latrobe and served a number of mills in the area via three branch lines:
- The Unity Branch
- The Lippincott Branch
- The Whitney Branch
The Lippincott Branch traveled east through Hostetter to Baggaley (and the Baggaley Mine and Coke Works), while the Whitney Branch traveled south to Whitney.
Out of the Whitney/Lippincott/Unity Branch complex, only a one-mile section of the Unity Branch remains. Currently this is used as a storage yard for Norfolk Southern. The Whitney Branch was de-designated as a branch in 1943, but was still used as a siding into the 1950s. The Lippincott Branch was still active into the 1950s, but only to Hostetter; when the Hostetter Mine closed in 1962, it was shortly thenafter when the branch was abandoned.