This line existed in two segments, with the portion along the Cimarron River originally constructed as the Eastern Oklahoma Railway, giving E.O. Junction its name. This is a cotton growing region in the state; the rail line was abandoned after the local roads were improved.
The Stillwater District
|Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway|
|Docket: 19872||8/6/1957||Section: 1(18)|
|Application for authority to abandon that portion of its line of railroad, being a part of the "Stillwater District" of the Oklahoma Division, commencing at M.P. 30/2400 ft., near the station of Stillwater and extending in a southeasterly, southerly, westerly and southwesterly direction to M.P. 76/3064ft. near the junction with the main line of the Okla. Division known as E.O. Junction, a dist. of approx. 46.13 mi, located in Payne & Logan Counties, Okla. and (2) that portion of its railroad being a part of the "Cushing District" of the Okla. Division, commencing at M.P. 1/4380 ft., near the station of Cushing and extending in a general westerly direction to its junction with the Stillwater District - at the station of Ripley, M.P. 10/1011 ft., a distance of approx. 8.27 mi. located in Payne County, Okla. The total length of line to abandoned is approximately 54.49 miles.|
|Length: 54.4 miles||63||Citation: 295 ICC 831|
Also under this filing: The Cushing District