Built in 1883, this connecting line branched from the Pennsylvania Railroad mainline at Frazer and meandered 6.2 miles northeast to Phoenixville, where it connected with another PRR mainline. Within Phoenixville, the line actually crosses over the PRR mainline before connecting to it south of town.
The line was abandoned in various segments at different times: The southern portion in Frazer in 1941; the middle segment of the route was abandoned in 1950; the segment that branched from Frazer was abandoned in 1975; the remainder of the line was abandoned in 2004. Of these, only the tracks from the final abandoned segment still remain.
Both former PRR mainlines at Frazer and Phoenixville are still in use today by Norfolk Southern.