This railroad line from Wilson to Summerton was built as the Wilson and Summerton Railroad by Thomas Wilson, a lumber magnate, to bring lumber to his mill at what was then known as Wilson's Mill on the Central Railroad of South Carolina (now the CSX line from Sumter to Lane). The W&S was chartered in 1888 and was completed through Summerton, and a connection with a now-abandoned line of the Charleston, Sumter & Northern Railroad on the west side of Summerton at a location named "Millard".
The W&S used trackage rights from Millard on the CS&N down to Coskreys, now known as St. Paul. Service began on September 10, 1889. In 1899, the railroad was merged into the North Western Railroad of South Carolina.
Towns on the line between Wilson's Mill and Summerton were:
- Davis Station
Abandonment of the line is not known; it does not show up on a railroad map dated 1948.