The Toledo, Angola, and Western Railway began life in 1902, intended as a spur between the New York Central and the Toledo Terminal, with the stone quarries in Silica. Originally 8 miles long, in later years, it would stretch 12 miles. It ran along the New York Central's Old Road division (itself abandoned just beyond a grain elevator near the Ohio/Michigan border) for the first 5 miles, then split, where it headed to Silica.
The line eventually folded in 1979, and was subsequently purchased by a club, which ran a few tourist excursions. By the late 1980's however, this too folded, and Lucas County purchased the line, turning it into a recreational trail, the University/Parks Trail.
Today, most of the entire length of the ROW is in use as a trail. A few of the original railroad bridges have been reused, as pictured here.
Thanks to Aaron M. for contributing information about this route.