The Shelbyville Branch
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Docket: 90117||7/29/1955||Section: 1|
|App. of The Pennsylvania Railroad Company and The Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad Company for permission to abandon and remove a portion of applicants' Shelbyville Branch, extending southerly from a point 0.08 mile south of a connection with the main line of the Columbus Division at Dublin Junction to a point in Bentonville, 4.63 miles and 0.23 mile of side track in Fayette and Henry Counties, Indiana.|
|Length: 4.63 miles|
|Docket: 21114||5/12/1960||Section: 1(18)|
|Application for authority to abandon a portion of their Shelbyville Branch extending north easterly from M.P. 57.26 in Bentonville, Indiana, a distance of 12.99 miles, all in Fayette County and Rush County, Ind.|
|Length: 12.99 miles|
— User Comments —
are there any abandoned tracks where rabbit hunting is permitted?
This line was changed in 1910. Originally it joined the main line at Cambridge City. When the grade of the mainline was changed in 1910 the junction was moved to Dublin Junction. The realignment started just north of Bentonville. Also the line from Shelbyville to Rushville was abandoned in about the early 1980's
The header on this section is in error. This line never went any farther than Cambridge City. The line from Cambridge City to Hagerstown was the Big4/WWVR from Connersville.