The Sauk Centre and Northern Railway Company built a line from Sauke Centre north to Browerville in the spring of 1882, and up to Clarissa later that year, then up to Eagle Bend in 1883. The St. Paul, Minneapolis and Manitoba Railroad took control of the line in 1883.
In 1891, the Wadena and Park Rapids Railroad continued building from Eagle Bend up through Wadena to Park Rapids. The StPM&M took over that line in 1891.
The Great Northern took control of the line in 1907, and referred to the line as being part of the "K" Line.
The line was abandoned around 1964.
Towns along the line:
- Sauke Centre
- Little Sauk
- Round Prairie
- Long Prairie
- Eagle Bend
- Park Rapids
Traces of the old grade can still be seen today between Sauke Centre and Wadena, as most of it runs parallel to Highway 71. Between Wadena and Park Rapids the old grade is used as a recreational trail.