The San Joaquin and Eastern Railroad was built by the Southern California Edison Company in order reach "Dam #2" at Huntington Lake. Construction of the line started February 5th, 1912, and was completed July 10th that same year.
Abandonment of the line came on August 15, 1933.
The route depicted above was drawn from a USGS topographical map from 1914.
Thanks to Andrew Laverdiere for contributing information about this route.