The Sugarhouse Branch of the Denver and Rio Grande Western (now Union Pacific) was abandoned June 16, 2005, see STB Filing. The rail line had two customers, a furniture warehouse and a lumber yard. The furniture warehouse closed several years ago in bankruptcy, while the lumber yard shut down in 2003. The 2.75 mile rail line was purchased by the Utah Transit Authority as part of their plan to operate light rail trains on it.
The line was originally built by Denver, Rio Grande, & Western as the Park City Branch, extending through Temple, Forest Dale, Sugar House, Alexander, Cement Quarry, Dale, Barclay, Roa, Altus, through Altus Tunnel, Gogorza, Kimball, Snyderville, and into Park City, where the line served the mines and mills in the area. DRG&W was in intense competition with UP in Park City, but abandoned the line to Park City in 1947. At that time, the line was apparently cut back to the remnant that was abandoned in 2005.
Thanks to Barry Maxfield for contributing information about this route.