The St. Joseph District

Bee Creek to North Lexington, Missouri

—  ICC Abandonment Filings  —

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway
Docket: 10048 6/19/1933 Section: 1
Application of Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway for certificate to abandon a line from Henrietta to North Lexington, Ray County, Missouri, a distance of 3.11 miles.
Length: 3.11 miles Citation: 193 ICC 335
Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway
Docket: AB-52 Sub 4 9/20/1974 Section: 1(18)
Application for authority to abandon a line of railroad between Richmond, Ray County, MP.l5/3168' northwesterly to MP 65/1341' near B.C. Junction, Buchanan County, Mo., a distance of 59.65 mi.
Length: 59.65 miles
Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway
Docket: AB 52 Sub 24 9/1/1983 Section: 10903
Application filed to abandon its St. Joseph District between Henrietta and Richmond, a distance of 5.6 miles, all in Ray County, Missouri.
Length: 5.6 miles

—  User Comments  —

"The St. Louis & St. Joseph Railroad was completed in 1870, a distance of seventy-three miles, to Lexington Junction, when it went into bankruptcy. It afterward became a branch of the Wabash." Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri: The Railroads of St. Joseph

The line resumed south of the Missouri River in Lexington and ran down through Aullville to Sedalia. The bridge that carried the railroad over Interstate 70 was removed maybe 20-25 years ago, but the grade is clearly visible from the highway.

Richard Gilpin
St. Louis, MO
10/22/2010