In 1889, the Boston, Concord & Montreal merged with or was taken over by the Concord Railroad to become the Concord & Montreal RR, and in turn in 1895 by the Boston & Maine RR. The track runs as an irregularly active line from Concord north to Tilton, northeast to Lakeport, and then northwest to Plymouth. There the line divided, with the easternmore track to Lincoln, NH, still used by a tourist railroad. The westernmore track went NW to Woodsville, NH, across the Connecticut River from Wells River, VT.
In 1954, the 37 miles from Plymouth NW to Blackmount were abandoned, with the final 4.3 miles to Woodsville abandoned in 1981.