This abandoned railway began in 1870 as a narrow-gauge line connecting Farmington to Fairport Harbor, named the Painesville and Youngstown Railroad. In 1873, it became the Painesville, Youngstown and Pittsburgh Railroad. In 1886, it was leased to the Pittsburgh and Western Railroad, itself acquired by the Baltimore and Ohio in 1890. It was standardized in 1900, and later became the B&O's Lake Branch or Fairport Branch. At some point, it was extended to Warren. It was operated by the B&O until 1982. Despite opposition from shippers and local governments, the line was ultimately pulled up.
Today, most of the line has been converted/in the process of being converted into rail trails; the Greenway Corridor in Lake County, and The Maple Highlands Trail in Geauga County.
Thanks to Aaron M. for contributing information about this route.