North Aurora to Geneva
This line was built by the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad in 1871. It was abandoned in 1977.
Grew up very close to this abandoned line in Batavia. Line was cut back in steps. In the 1960s the line ended crossing Main Street in Batavia where is supported the Lindgren Foundry. Other posts state it stopped further south at Moosehart which is incorrect. Date of 1977 for abandonment could be correct although no traffic was observed for years in advance of 1977.