The oldest of the Clinchfield Railroad's branch lines, the Nora Spur was started in 1925 and, after a series of additions and extensions over the ensuing years, made it to the Blue Diamond mine by late 1943. It served a number of mines in the area for its entire existence.
The Blue Diamond mine shuttered in 1989, and the tracks between it and Neece Creek were removed in 1996, with the rest of the line abandoned in 2008.
The tracks still exist from Nora Junction (in Nora, VA) to their present-day end at Neece Creek.
Thanks to Chase Freeman for contributing information about this route.