This line began in 1887 under the direction of the Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad (CH&D). It reached Ft. Wayne in 1895. Its original name was the New York, Mahoning and Western Railroad. After several name changes, it became the Findlay, Fort Wayene and Western Railroad. It connected to the T&OC West Division in Findlay, and to the Pennsylvania and Wabash Railroads on the east side of Fort Wayne.
In 1904, an extension was built to connect it to the CH&D's Delphos-Dayton Branch (also abandoned).
In 1916, the Baltimore and Ohio bought the CH&D, and immediately removed the connection. The B&O had no use for the line, and by 1919, the entire line was abandoned, except for a small portion from the Cincinnati Northern (also abandoned, see Jackson, MI to Franklin, OH) at Haviland to Grover Hill. This was removed in 1920. Various roads now occupy much of the right-of-way.
Thanks to Aaron M. and Jim Curtis for contributing information about this route.