The Mount Carmel and Natalie Railroad, completed on November 5, 1891, ran from Mount Carmel Junction, at Mount Carmel, PA, north to Natalie, a distance of close to 6 miles. Using a series of switchbacks, it climbed Natalie mountain to the Colonial Colliery, which operated the MC&N, giving them access to the Pennsylvania Railroad and Reading Railroad at Mount Carmel. It was leased by the Reading in 1907, and was abandoned in 1952/1953.
See also The Lancaster Branch.
Thanks to Russ Kendter for contributing information about this route.