Not much is known about this small north-south logging railroad in the mountains of Kentucky. Headquartered in Clearfield, KY, the railroad's northern terminus was a connection with the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad at Morehead, KY. (See The Lexington Subdivision.) At one time it had two passenger trains scheduled in each direction; it also hauled limestone and lumber generated by quarries in the area. As late as 1955, two steam locomotives could be seen plying the rails, which is significant considering that most other railroads this size were in the middle of dieselizing, if they weren't completely dieselized already. The line also included a spur to the Lee Clay Products plant in Clearfield, which closed its doors (and abandoned the spur) in the 1970s.
In 1933, the line was shortened by 21 miles, leaving only the northern 4 miles south of Morehead to Clack Mountain. At some point, the line was operated as the Morehead and Morgan Fork Railroad. It is presumed that the remaining 4 miles were abandoned at some point before the CSX abandoned the the M&NF's only connection at Morehead in 1985. The tracks lay abandoned for a few years before finally being removed in 2001.