This railway was built in 1888 and ran from downtown Pasadena to where the post office in Altadena on North Lake Avenue is today. Later, it was renamed to the Los Angeles Terminal Railway.
The line was then purchased by the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad as part of extending their line south from Salt Lake City, UT, into Los Angeles. Union Pacific was the last to operate the line.
Abandoned in 1921, the map of it above was drawn from a USGS topographical map from 1924.
Thanks to Andrew Laverdiere for contributing information about this route.