Rushville, IN, was an original destination of The Lawrenceburg and Rushville Railroad Company, incorporated in 1848; however, the line was never built. Later, Rushville saw service from four railroads: The Nickel Plate, the New York Central, the Baltimore & Ohio, and then Pennsylvania Railroad. The NKP's New Castle District and the NYC line came together here, both of which then crossed over the B&O trackage, which is still under the service of CSX. The New Castle District arrived from Fort Wayne to the north; it was acquired by the Norfolk & Western in the 1970s.
Both the NKP and NYC lines are now abandoned. The Pennsylvania Railroad's history and location in Rushville are not known.
Thanks to Jeremy Harris for contributing information about this route.