This abandoned railway was originally laid by the Milwaukee, Lake Shore and Western Railway in 1871. It was purchased by the Chicago North Western in 1893. The line was abandoned in 1978 by the CNW, except for a short section of track between Brillion and Forest Junction. This segment was subsequently operated by the short line Brillion and Forest Junction Railroad, which utilized a connection with the Milwaukee Road in Forest Junction. This segment was ultimately abandoned in 1987.
Thanks to Beaver for contributing information about this route.