This short spur served the ranch of A.J. Hansen, which grew melons and cotton. It branched from a wye with the Southern Pacific mainline at Kyrene Station (renamed to West Chandler in 1921), and headed due east to the townsite of Kyrene; indeed, this branch was originally called the K-H (Kyrene - Hansen) Branch. There was a sizable cotton gin at West Chandler, resulting in a fairly busy station for a time.
The south end of the wye became the end of the Maricopa line once it was cut back. It does appear that the wye survived for a while after both the Hansen Branch was abandoned in 1933. A 1937 aerial photo shows it still there.