This line was originally part of the Yazoo and Mississippi Valley Railroad, which was incorporated in 1882 as a subsidiary of the Illinois Central Railroad to build a line westward from Jackson, MS. The line was probably built in the 1890s, and went through the following towns:
The IC merged the Y&MV in 1945/1946, and then in 1947 abandoned this line. The rails were removed in 1949.
Thanks to Tom Lucas for contributing information about this route.