The Grafton and Belington Branch
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Baltimore & Ohio Railroad|
|Docket: 10801||3/19/1935||Section: 1|
|App. for certificate to abandon that part of its Grafton and Belington Branch from Park to Berryburg Junction, a distance of 19.97 miles, and to acquire from the United States of America and to operate a line of railroad from a point near Grafton to Berryburg Junction, a distance of 12.28 miles, all in Taylor and Barbour Counties, West Virginia.|
|Length: 19.97 miles||Citation: 207 ICC 281|
— User Comments —
This section was flooded by Tygart Lake. The 12 mile section acquired from the government was built to replace the flooded section.
Philippi to Moatsville is now a state road (gravel). Still one bridge left in place as part of the road. The stone bridge abutments at the intersection of Arden Grade Road (The old RR grade) and Clemtown road at the new Moatsville bridge are still standing and easy to see.