This abandoned railway line was first built by the West Jersey Railroad, a subsidiary of the West Jersey and Seashore Railroad (itself under the control of the Pennsylvania Railroad), in 1862. Ultimately the line came under the control of the Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore (P-RSL) Lines. It diverted from the P-RSL, now Conrail Shared Operations Cape May line at Glassboro, and extended south to Bridgeton. This line is shown as active in the 1975 US Department of Transportation maps, and it might have been abandoned when Conrail was formed in 1976.
At Elmer, which is roughly midway between Glassboro and Bridgeton, there was a branch that ran west to Riddleton on the Salem branch.
Thanks to Mike Palmer for contributing information about this route.