This line was constructed in 1904 and served as the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad's mainline branch to Austin, TX. It branched from the Katy main at Granger, TX, and then headed west then south to Austin.
The line was abandoned from Georgetown south to Pershing, just outside Austin proper. It is not known when this section was abandoned, or for what reason.
Today, the northern end of the line between Granger and Georgetown is operated by the Georgetown Railroad, a local shortline. The southern end is still in use by the Austin Western Railroad, a subsidiary of Watco Company. Part of the line has also been opened for commuter operations.
Stations along the abandoned route south from Georgetown are Burkland, Pflugerville, Dessau, Iglehart, to Pershing.