The Georgetown Branch
This abandoned railway line started out as the Georgetown Branch Railroad, chartered in March of 1844. Although the line remained undeveloped at first, the line soon came under the control of the Boston & Maine railroad, who had bought up other local lines in the area.
The line was abandoned in segments; the first between Georgetown and the Havervill Paperboard industry in 1942, with the remainder of the line abandoned in 2007.
The section from the MBTA Railroad Bridge to the Basiliere Bridge is the Bradford Rail Trail. Pan Am still owns the land from the Basiliere Bridge to the Haverhill Paperboard. The Haverhill Paperboard, closed since 2008, was bought by the Barrow Development Group. They have renamed the site 'Pentucket Park'. Its future use has not been made known.