This line was constructed in 1873 and abandoned in 1955.
Gary to Watertown, SD
— User Comments —
Line originally continued on northwest to the outlet of Lake Kampeska. Federal government deemed the railroad could not go that far, so the railroad tore up five miles of track back to the east side of the Big Sioux River and started Watertown. This was the first rail abandonment in South Dakota.