This Southern Pacific branch headed west from the former SP Fresno main line at Biola Junction and connected to the former SP West Side Line just east of Kerman, CA. The small town of Biola, CA, was just about at its midpoint. The line served vineyards and other agricultural businesses in the area.
The first 8.5 miles of the line between Biola Junction (north of Fresno) and Biola itself was first built by Fresno Traction Company in 1913, who then immediately leased the line to the adjoining Southern Pacific. The rest of the line, between Biola and Kerman, was completed in 1930.
The line was abandoned in 1985.
See also the The Kerman Branch.