These branch lines were built in the years 1887-1888 by the Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley Railroad. A singular route headed west from Fremont, Nebraska and into Linwood. From there, the line split up into two branch lines to the south: one through York and Henderson and into Hastings, the other into Superior.
The FE&MV came under the control of the Chicago and North Western Railroad on February 18, 1908.
The branch to Hastings was abandoned in 1942, while the remainder of the line was abandoned in 1969 due to a bridge washout in Oak, NE.
Thanks to James Holtgrewe for contributing information about this route.