The Frankfort and Cincinnati Railroad operated between the towns of Paris and Frankfort, KY. It was a 40-mile shortline railroad that had connections on both ends by the Louisville & Nashville. Near the midway point of Georgetown, KY, it crossed the Southern Railroad. The F&C, known as "The Whiskey Route", serviced many distilleries on the line. It had no affiliation with Cincinnati.
Construction for the railroad, known then as the Kentucky Midland Railway, began in Frankfort in early 1888. The rails to Georgetown were finished in June 1889. The rest of the line from Georgetown to Paris was completed in January 1890. In 1899, the railroad changed its name to Frankfort & Cincinnati Railroad.
The F&C abandoned the line from Paris to Georgetown in 1967. They also tried to abandon the rest of the railroad, but the Frankfort distilleries objected. In March 1970 the ICC gave permission for the railroad to abandon 18.2 miles from Georgetown to Elsinore, KY.
In 1985 a derailment that damaged a trestle near Frankfort sealed the fate of the line. It was then decided to abandon it, since the F&C could not afford to rebuild the bridge.
By 1987, all tracks (about 10 miles) were removed putting an end to the Frankfort & Cincinnati Railroad.
Thanks to Brian Gregg for contributing information about this route.