This line served the Arden Plaster Mine (and was operated by that mining company) and connected to the Union Pacific line at Arden. Mine shipments along the line started in 1907. In 1919, the mine was purchased by the U.S. Gypsum Mining Company, who continued operations along the line until 1930.
The Desert Hills Branch
— User Comments —
This was an independent 3' gauge railroad built by and operated by Arden Plaster, then US Gypsum. There was both the roughly 5 mile haul railroad, and a upper division to bring rock to the crusher, then lower it down a cable way. Cars were 8 wheel steel K&J hoppers, power was originally used Porters including a 0-8-0t then Davanport 0-4-0ts