This railway was built in 1852 between Dayton and Greenville, Ohio, as the Dayton and Greenville Railroad. Later, it was extended to Union City and renamed the Dayton and Union Railroad. It was purchased by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, and through subsequent mergers, was finally abandoned by CSX in the 1990s.
Today, part of the route serves as the Wolf Creek rail trail between Trottwood and Verona.
Thanks to Mike Fromholt for contributing information about this route.