This line was abandoned 1954. Aerial photos from 1949 show that this spur was at that time used for storing surplus rolling stock. The ICC filing officially abandoned the entire former Phoenix and Eastern ROW from Normal Junction to the Hayden Flour Mill, as well as all remnants of the former Maricopa and Phoenix trackage (trackage along 8th to the old Creamery as well as the trackage connecting to the main at the old Mesa Junction). The remaining parts of the route would still be used until the 1990s, but from that point were considered to be industrial trackage and so not bound by ICC filing.
See also The Mesa Branch.