Not much is known about the Cherokee Falls, Gaffney & Blacksburg Railroad. It appears on a soil survey map in 1905 running between Gaffney and Blacksburg, SC, and served the Cherokee Falls cotton mill east of the Broad River. The Southern Railway already had a line between these two towns, making this line duplicitous once the SR merged the CFG&B; the SR quickly abandoned the western part of the line, leaving the eastern part of the line open to serve the cotton mill.
While the line was abandoned when the cotton mill closed, part of it was reopened during the construction of the Cherokee Falls nuclear power plant, but it has since gone dormant once again.
Thanks to Jeffrey Kraemer for contributing information about this route.