This abandoned railway extended from Brunswick to Rockland at a length of 56 miles, while traveling through Bath (MP 8.7), Woolrich (MP 9.5), Wiscasset (MP 20), Newcastle (MP 27.1), Nobleboro (MP 31.7), Waldoboro (MP 38.5), Warren (MP 45.3) and Thomaston (MP 52.4). Passenger service along it was discontinued in 1958.
After abandoned by the Maine Central, the line was acquired by the Maine Coast Railroad, then "Safe Handling", and finally the Morristown & Erie Railway, operating as the Maine Eastern Railroad. Today, the Maine Eastern uses it for excursion train service.
Thanks to Andrew Laverdiere for contributing information about this route.